Monday, August 23, 2010

Japanese Iris Fairy - WIP

Here is the final piece. This piece was a lot harder than I thought for some reason. After working on it many times over, I thought it was time to let go and move on. Somehow, I still like how it turned out.
Above is the updated version of the fairy. Still a lot of work to do to get this piece to look the way I want to and balance the colors better.
Here is my work-in-progress of the Japanese Iris fairy I started last week. This is my second watercolor on a series of fairies that I hope to paint in watercolors. The fairies I want to paint are all inspired after flowers I like. Enjoy!
Working on a sketch for my next watercolor. This is the second on a series of flower fairies that I am trying to do for my watercolor class. This one was inspired by the Japanese Iris flower.

1 comment: