Monday, November 1, 2010

Showing my work at the Mint Hill Arts




I had some of my work displayed at the Mint Hill Arts for their 'Creatures, Real and Imaginary' exhibit. Just in time for Halloween. It is a month long exhibit. The Mint Hill Arts gets a lot of traffic. It is a very nice organization and one I have volunteered for before. It is nice to see how well they are doing at their brand new location.

When I left their 'opening' reception, I bumped into a lady that was telling me how much she enjoyed the drawings that someone had made in graphite. She then asked me my name and she immediately recognized it because the drawings she liked were the two that I had made. They are the ones on the third photo. That was nice to hear and even more interesting to hear that she remembered the name of the artist.

5 comments:

  1. It's good to see some of your artwork on exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone. I appreciate your comments and the fact that you are taking the time to visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, hi, well congrats - they look great in the real world - and isn't it nice when you meet someone face to face and they give you such a grande compliment from the heart ? :) (seomtimes if you are lucky they give you their phone number ;) )

    I am on blogholidays taking stock see you soon

    andrew :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrew,
    Those moments make it all worth it.

    Enjoy your blogholiday...sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete